While I have yet to quit my day job, I admit I've made a few pennies off of writing books. Not that I'll be vacationing on Martha's Vineyard any time soon, but there are several authors who could. If you're as nosy as I am, I bet you're wondering who and how much, eh?
James Patterson
This is the top dog. $94 million, baby. Can you imagine?
Stephen King
You knew he'd be on the list, right? He comes in at a cool $39 million.
Janet Evanovich
$33 million. I know, right?
John Grisham = $26 million
Jeff Kinney = $25 million
Bill O'Reilly = $24 million
Nora Roberts = $23 million
Danielle Steel = $23 million
Suzanne Collins = $20 million
And last, but certainly I wouldn't mind being the least like Dean Koontz . . . $19 million.
So on this Labor Day, consider how hard these poor shlubs work. Okay. Don't. Go ahead and eat a brat. It might make you feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm going to the movies instead! Going to see War Room. Happy Labor Day my friend.
As one author said in an Interview piece on a blog I saw recently, writers like Dan Brown have raked in the bucks but play fast and loose with the facts. He would rather remain faithful to history. "I, on the other hand, as a humble and (much) poorer narrative craftsman, am constrained: I have imposed upon my story the straitjacket of actual history"
Perhaps it makes less money, and is less popular- but it is a rule I would like to keep to.
Post a Comment