You know where this is headed, right?
| Salted Brownie Caramel Trifle |
It looked fantastic and I had all the ingredients, except for pint-sized mason jars. So I bought some, then brought them home and washed them. Does anyone else have a counter perpetually full of dishes to wash? I figured I'd wash those, too.
Very carefully, I put in the bad boy butcher knife that my 20 year old used in culinary school. It's wicked sharp, the best knife we own, so I'm careful about how I wash it.
And then Ada Clare, my 7 month old bundle of fuzzy muzzle love, got into something she shouldn't.
| Bad Boy |
By the time I returned, time was ticking away, I was in a hurry, and I'd totally forgotten about the bad boy in the dish water. I shoved in my hand and pulled out bloody stubs. Okay, so not really stubs, but LOTS of blood. You'd think there were sharks in the water. I howled so loud, my boy working outside on his car tore in the house.
Now there's something you may not know about me. I avoid doctors and hospitals like the plague, and even if I had the plague, I'd think twice before going. So my husband is used to playing MD with me, as in stitching or bandaging, you sicko.
Want to see the final product?
| Home Made Splint and Bandaging |
Yeah, I'll heal, but I may not recover from a seriously hampered typing speed. All that confidence I'd built up on Saturday morning is gone. As for my NANO count, umm . . . let's just say pride indeed goes before a fall.
7 comments:
Not that it's any consolation, but the desserts were incredibly delicious, making your sacrifice duly appreciated!
YIKES, girlfriend!! ouch, ouch, ouch!! Praying for FAST healing.
Oh no! Are you sure you don't need stitches? Will pray for your recovery...maybe someone else will do all the cooking/cleaning now?
Kitchens are dangerous places.. I had a bad boy butcher knife too and from going between the fridge and the sink with a stack of needed items including the bad boy knife - the knife fell and hit the top of my big toe, of course I was barefoot and the knife very cleanly cut the tendon in my toe. Very little blood but couldn't lift my toes off the floor. Had surgery a few days later and then 8 weeks of recoup.. Hope your fingers heal a lot faster than that. This was the time Bernie flew down to help out - do I need to send her up your way to help you out now ??
Oh, you poor thing. I wish I lived nearby, so that I could type for you or lend you my "maid" while you recover. I will be praying for a quick and complete healing of your fingers.
ACK!! *squeamish fainting* Oh man, that does not sound good. Prayers for quick healing and for you to be able to "catch up" later in the month. Maybe use this time for more research or "brain power" thinking. ;)
Owww, so sorry about your accident, Michelle. Praying that your fingers heal quickly! I'm falling behind in NaNo, only because I write a scene and say, no, that's not how I want it...and then I rewrite instead of making notes for later, lol
Post a Comment