Thursday, December 15, 2011

Juggling is For Clowns

DAY 35

Word Count: 23,379

Sentence of the Day: He measured his words, doling out each one like a lifeline, hoping she'd grasp onto the strength in his voice.

This is it. The inevitable pre-Christmas I-can't-balance-my-life posting. How about you? Has the holiday frenzy invaded every corner of your life? Have you dropped any balls that should still be flying high?

I set a goal this week to write 500 words a day, Monday through Friday. As you'll note, yesterday I wrote a whopping big zero, zip, nada.

So, how to deal with missed goals?

Double-down. Today I'll double that goal and make it 1k. That will be possible only if I turn off the ol' internet and quit checking e-mail. Talk about time suckers.

Besides avoiding the information freeway, there's one other sure-fire way to achieve your goals...be realistic. I do happen to have a chunk of time today so one thousand words is conceivable. Tomorrow, not so much. And forget about the next two weeks after that.

Sometimes a goal of zero is the perfect amount.

3 comments:

Terri Thompson said...

Yes. So true!! I do need to hear this right now.

Are all your "Sentences of the Day" from what you've written? If so, I'm going to have to pray that God helps me love you. lol They're all so good!

Michelle Griep said...

Hey, what's not to love? I'm cute AND cuddly. But yeah, the sentence of the day is where I stick my favorite combination of words that I've written for the day.

Terri Thompson said...

You are a wordsmith, woman!

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates