Friday, September 5, 2014

Isn't Everything More Fun With a British Accent?

Yes indeedy, even mundane things such as licensing can be spiced up with a bit o' the ol' British lilt.


4 comments:

Southern-fried Fiction said...

And here I thought I needed a British accent for my driver's license. Whew.

Michelle Griep said...

You don't need it, but it sure perks up the process quite nicely!

chappydebbie said...

Have a wonderful trip, Michelle, I will be praying for safe travels. And yes, I did see your halo. ;-)

English Lady said...

OK, I'm going to dish out this advice- if you want to try to adopt any accent found or known in the British Isles- I don't think its a good idea to try to do that ridiculously posh one you hear in all the movies, because, sad to say, most Americans who try to do it fail- miserably.

Seriously, even I as a Brit find it hard to do that accent, so for Americans its going to be even harder. I think as far as accents go, avoid the strongly pronounced ones, and go for something more neutral and ordinary-in fact here's a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZBSQ41jDxQ

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates