Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Exclamation Marks, Cupcakes, and Yoga Pants: Indeed, the Party Continues

Still standing? Good. The blogaversary party rages onward like a charging bull wearing a frilly hat.

Here's an archived piece of sweet writerly advice going all the way back to 2012 . . .

Exclamations are fantastic for e-mail, and possibly for texts, but when you're writing a novel, use them only for interjections (hey! ow! zoinks!). 

But just in case you don't think I have enough clout to boss you around, let me pull out a bigger gun . . .

"Cut out all those exclamation marks.
An exclamation mark is like laughing at your own joke."
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Careful . . . these bad boys are addicting.
Plus there's more where that came from. 
Snatch up your copy of 
Writer Off the Leash: Growing in the Writing Craft 
on sale at Amazon. 
$4.99 for paperback and only .99 for an ebook.

Now then, in honor of the party spirit, I whipped up some vegan salted caramel mocha cupcakes. Mmm mmm mmm. HERE'S the recipe. They were mighty tasty. I ate two. Anybody seen my yoga pants anywhere?

Don't forget to enter into the drawing for a freebie. I'll announce the winners next Monday.

Party on, readers. Stay safe. And wear a helmet.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

4 comments:

chappydebbie said...

Party On!!!!!! Ooops, too many exclamation points? LOL You know I had to do that. *wink wink* Sharing! (and there's another one! and another one......) ;-)

Bonnie Roof said...

I'm afraid I'm one of those people who love to use lots of exclamation marks, as well as double question marks and lots of other unnecessary punctuation - however, will try to restrain myself in this comment, LOL. Thanks for your post, and the giveaway opportunity.

bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com

bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com

Michelle Griep said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to you, Chappy.
And Bonnie, wow! Such restraint. Here's a freebie for you: !

The Artist Librarian said...

My writing tip is don't procrastinate until a day before your assignment is due like me (good thing it's only two pages). =P

Zekkaina on rafflecopter

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates