Publishing Tidbit: Did you know that while an author gets to voice their opinion, it's really up to the publisher to decide what goes on a cover, front and back?
Friday, May 3, 2013
Unveiling A New Book Cover
Sharing the new book cover excitement for A HEART DECEIVED...
Publishing Tidbit: Did you know that while an author gets to voice their opinion, it's really up to the publisher to decide what goes on a cover, front and back?
Publishing Tidbit: Did you know that while an author gets to voice their opinion, it's really up to the publisher to decide what goes on a cover, front and back?
Labels:
Michelle Griep,
Vlogging
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Ha ha, love your reaction. Yes, Cook did a fabulous job on both cover options, and I really like the one you chose. Very intriguing. I'm getting excited to read your third book! :-D
So if you're that excited, you want to be an influencer???
WOOHOO!!! It looks amazing!! I totally remember the day you got emailed the covers for Undercurrent ;) Haha. I AM putting A Heart Decieved on my to-read list this summer. Congrats!
Squeee!!! It looks very cool, Michelle! I was excited to see on MaryLu Tyndall's blog the other day that you already have a cover for this - I think it looks awesome! :)
And I know your question was directed at Gwendolyn, and I'm probably being very presumptuous to assume I could answer it...but, YES! Oh, Michelle, can I be an influencer?? *puppy dog eyes*
~Amber
P.S. I'm considering self-publishing my historical romance WIP this summer, and I'm currently working with a cover designer, brainstorming the cover art. I think that is one nice thing about self-pubbing - you actually do get a say in that part! But then again, most traditional publishers come up with way cooler covers anyway, LOL. Lena Goldfinch does a fabulous job, though, and I'm super excited to be working with her! You should check out the cover she designed for one of my clients:
http://www.seasonsofhumility.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-clients-cover-reveal-loves-miracles.html
Your reaction was priceless! I love both covers, but I think the best one was picked. It looks and sounds great! Congrats Michelle! Hugs and God bless!
I loved your reaction to the covers.. Yes I did pick the first one and it is awesome. Yes i sometimes go by the cover and read the review about it..No I have not read any of your books ,but always love to try new authors.
Blessings,
lizd225(at)gmail(dot)com
Michelle, I would be honored to be an influencer for you! Sign me up! :-D
Yay! You picked my favorite. :) So happy for you, Michelle!
Gwen & Amber ~ You got it. I'll contact you when I've got something to send you. And Amber, thanks for the link. I'll check it out (and if you need an influencer, gimme a holler)
Bethany ~ Thanks!
Chaplain ~ Thanks for the hug. I REALLY needed one today.
Elizabeth ~ Feel free to give me a whirl!
Michelle, this is so fun - going on this journey with you! Thanks for sharing the fun. LOVE the covers (both of them) so I don't think you could have picked wrong! How exciting!!!!!!!!!!
The cover you choose was my fave too, beautiful! I know you visited my blog in 2012, would love to have you again when this book comes out if you are interested and I would be be willing to be an influencer and/or I am now doing book reviews on my blog. Just thought I would throw that out there!
Blessings,
~Melissa
Hi Michelle --
Loved both those covers. How exciting! Good for you! It's fun watching you go through the process. I've decided to self-publish my suspense novel (adult) because I primarily write for teens and kids, so i'm going to be going through this same process--choosing a cover. I'm learning from you. As always, stay funny.
Hugs,
Michelle
Stacy ~ Thanks girlie! Glad to have you along on the ride.
Melissa ~ You betcha...on both accounts!
Michelle ~ Sounds like a good call to self pub that if you're focus is really YA.
Like the cover. Is there going to be a Blog Tour or something like that? Can't read much right now but by June exams will be over.....
Love the cover, Michelle! It's definitely one I'd pick up.
And I so love your enthusiasm. You began my day with a smile. :)
Congratulations, again!
Post a Comment