Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Punctuation Personalities

Which personality are you?

Period .
Never starts an argument but always finishes it.

Comma ,
Pauses often while speaking.

Em-dash --
Interrupts others with own thoughts.

Exclamation Mark !
Makes himself heard no matter what.

Question Mark ?
Asks uncomfortable questions.

Semi-colon ;
Loves bringing similar people together.

Elipses...
Often trails off on a tangent.

Colon :
Likes to introduce groups of people.

Quotation Marks " "
Tells you what everyone else says.

Parentheses (  )
Pulls you away from the conversation at hand.

8 comments:

Southern-fried Fiction said...

I'm an em dash. I hate to admit that, but the older I get, the thought might be lost, so I've got to get it out NOW. lol

RD-RC said...

Yes, the em dash does apply to a lot of us old folk because of the memory factor... There are times when I don't add to the conversation because I can't keep up so I just listen. It's ok to just listen sometimes...

Michelle Griep said...

Hmm. Interesting. I wonder how different stages of life effects our communication. Note to self: ponder this next time I'm feeling philosophical and/or constipated.

chappydebbie said...

Lady, you are just too silly! I would have to say that I am a mixture of a comma and a dash. My hubby is definitely a dash. LOL

Unknown said...

I'm a comma em dash ellipse. I lose my train of thought and pause, then regain it and jump in before I forget again, then get caught up in a random thought in the middle and go down a different track. Ready for the white coats???

Sherry Carter said...

I am so like Gayle! No, we aren't ready for the white coats - I choose to believe we're totally normal.
But...if you were to ask my friends, I think they'd say I'm a question mark. I hear, "No one's ever asked that question before," a lot. To say I'm curious with a slightly warped mind is a perfect description!

Michelle Griep said...

Sherry ~ You sound like a writer.
Gayle ~ Embrace the white coats. Somebody's got to.
Chaplain ~ Silly is my middle name.

Unknown said...

Ha ha, love this! I use to use a lot of exclamations--some great author named Michelle Griep told me to use them sparingly--so now I'm a comma pauser, who sometimes uses the em-dash for variety...

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates