post by Michelle Griep
Walking with Ramona: Exploring Beverly Cleary's Portland. Because of a modest goal and creative incentives, Microcosm Publishing has already reached their asking price and then some, with 4 days to spare before the expiration.
So, if you've got a fabulous writing project that you'd like to see funded (or any other artistic endeavor), you can do the same thing. Here are some guidelines for getting your revolutionary idea funded . . .
5 Tips For Kickstarter Success
1. Write the description of your project carefully. Give a clear idea of what you want to accomplish but don't overdo with detail. Everyone's on a time budget. Don't be a time bandit.
2. Add a video or some other visual aid like an infographic. A picture really is worth a thousand words, and also some moolah on the side.
3. Rewards are everything. Create some inventive incentives for your donators. The wackier and more unique, the better.
4. Be modest about your asking price. This isn't a get-rich-quick scam-a-rama. Be realistic in what you're asking for.
5. Spread the word liberally. Go all social media guerilla on the world.
Getting a Handle on Twitter
6 hours ago