Monday, April 7, 2014

Puppies and England and Tights

This weekend I ran away to the magical land of Wisconsin where I bought a seriously oh-my-gosh-squeel-squee-squee cute-o-rama puppy! She's only 4 weeks old, though, so I don't get her until May 4th. So that gives us plenty of time to come up with a name, right? Leave any girly type monikers in the comment section below and I will consider each and every one. So far all I've got on my favorites list is Miss Millicent Barker (Milly for short).

Guess what else I bought. With the advance from my upcoming Bow Street Runners novel, I booked a ticket to England. Yeah, baby. I'll see what kind of international scandals I can cause next fall when I hop a plane and skip across the pond. This is nothing, however, compared to the advance Senator Ted Cruz just landed with HarperCollins. The dude bagged $1.5 million! Dang. That's like a gazillion trips to England. High-five to you, Ted.

I attended a ballet today for which I did not have to buy tickets. My daughter was in it as one of the extras so hello comp tickets. It's not like I've never been to a ballet before, but...umm...times have changed, my friends. I swear the men were NOT wearing tights but instead merely painted white on their legs and other bulgy parts. Sorry for the visual, but what is this world coming to? And why am I in this handbasket?

Okay, now that I've got all those randomosities off my chest, it's time to get back to my regularly scheduled programming. I've got a book to write.

13 comments:

Southern-fried Fiction said...

I've always been partial to Deeogie. Being a writer, you will probably get that. And surely you jest on the paint!!!! Please tell me you jest. Ahhhhgh!

Susan P said...

I think she looks like a Sasha. :) She's so cute!
As for the ballet, um yeah. Seen that here too. It's what they wear. I feel like I need to avert my eyes for fear of seeing something I'm not supposed to! I'm scandalized!

Michelle Griep said...

Ane ~ HAHAHAHA! Deeogie. Took me twice, but I got it.
Susan ~ Sasha. Nice ring to it. I'll toss it in the mix.

And yes, girls, though they really wore tights, if a bajillionth of an inch nylon can be called that, I still feel a little violated.

Elizabeth Ludwig said...

She's a boxer, right? So you could name her Laila (after Laila Ali, the female boxer). ;-)

Unknown said...

Oh how cute! I like Miss Millicent Barker. :-) But just to throw some others at you... Athena, Gracie, Scarlett, Bobbi Jo...lol. A trip to England! I'm excited for you! I've always wanted to go there. I did see the Nutcracker and Swan Lake while living in Budapest Hungary, and remember them being very long productions. (I was thirteen.) They must have left some kind of impression, because I still remember. Can't recall the tights detail, lol, but the opera house was large and we weren't close to the stage.

chappydebbie said...

Okay, I am passing right by that Ballet comment....and straight on to that adorable little girl!!! I would name her Edwina....only because she looks like my late brother Eddie. Yep, that's right. He wasn't the most handsome of fellows, but one of the sweetest ones you'd ever meet.

Scrambled Dregs said...

Your blog ate my comment

Scrambled Dregs said...

What I said was Eleanor, Maisie or Martha. And thanks for the ballet overshare. UGH! Poor Mariah. And WATCH OUT England.

Lis K said...

Just curious...do you have a possible publication date for your Bow Street Runners novel? Love that time period. I'm officially jealous that you're going to England! Oh, you were kidding about the men not wearing tights. I thought you were being serious, it kind of made me shudder and gag at the same time.

Michelle Griep said...

Hah! Sorry for the physical reaction I caused. Bow Street is due out some time next January or February. I'll keep y'all updated. And no need for jealousy. I'll bring you along to England. I'll be blogging about it every day I'm there with tons of pictures.

English Lady said...

Used to have a pretty and sometimes shy little greyhound called Milly, so I like that name.
As for coming over my way, I don't think one unhinged American is anything to worry about, we survived four invasions after all! If you come anywhere within a 20 mile radius of me, I may have to track you down!

Michelle Griep said...

That'd be fun! I haven't planned out our itinerary yet but if I can swing it, I'd love to meet you. Where are you at?

English Lady said...

We've actually been invaded far more than four times, those were only the ones which resulted in conquests by foreign powers- only! I don't really like to put personal details on public forums, but I will email you accordingly.

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates