Friday, July 4, 2014

Fun Friday First Lines

Today I'm yanking the top 6 books off my TBR pile and reading the first lines. Which one will you like best???


5 comments:

chappydebbie said...

I choose the same one you did....some of them really do not have good first sentences. Have a safe and wonderful 4th!!! MaryLu's book Surrender the Heart's first line is one of my favorites. "I'd rather boil in oil than marry Noah Brenin." Love it!

RD-RC said...

I look at a book in a totally different way now. I'm going to check out the first two paragraphs from now on before I buy the book... Judging a book by it's cover lost it's status..

Sarah said...

Hi Michelle! I actually think I like the other one you choose better. The one about 7am (sorry, I'm having a dumb moment and can't remember the title). One of my favorite first lines is from Shirlee McCoy's Lone Defender, "Dying shouldn't be so difficult." I don't know why, but that one caught my attention from the first and even though the book came out 3 years ago, I still remember it. :)
Hope you had a great Independence Day!
~Sarah

Michelle Griep said...

Chappy ~ It's MaryLu's last line in The Ransom that kills me.

RD ~ It's always a good idea to look before you leap.

Sarah ~ Wowzer! That's a stunning first line, especially since you've remembered it for 3 whole years!

Southern-fried Fiction said...

Although the first line wasn't snappy, Bridge to Haven is one of the best books I've ever read. I think it will become as big as Redeeming Love has been. Fantastic book!!!

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates