Wednesday, February 3, 2016

It's Enough to Make You Drink

post by Michelle Griep

It's snowy. It's cold. And I'm slugging back a hot mug of ginger tea. Yeah, it's good, but my real favorite beverage of choice? Wow. That's a tough call. I'm going to go with a pot of French press crafted Burundi or Peru with a splash of heavy whipping cream. Nectar of the gods, I say.

But a lot of other writers tended to lean toward the hooch. Here is a list of some famous authors and their beverage of choice . . .
Jack Kerouac


Jack Kerouac

Favorite Drink: Margarita

Recipe: 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar, 1.5 oz. tequila, .5 oz. triple sec, lime juice, lime wedge, salt, ice cubes


Ernest Hemingway

Ernest Hemingway

Favorite Drink: Mojito

Recipe: 1.25 oz. light rum, soda water, 1 oz. lime juice, 12 mint pieces, 1.5 oz. sugar syrup




Tennessee Williams

Tennessee Williams

Favorite Drink: Ramos Fizz

Recipe: 1 oz. fresh lemon juice, 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice, 1 egg white, 1 Tbsp. sugar, 2 oz. gin, 1/2 oz. cream




F. Scott Fitzgerald

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Favorite Drink: Gin Rickey

Recipe: 2 oz. gin, .75 oz. lime juice, top with club soda





Jack London

Jack London

Favorite Drink:
Martini

Recipe: 2 oz. gin, 1/4 oz. dry vermouth, 1/8 oz. olive brine, 3 green olives, small wedge of lemon




So, what about you? What's your favorite drink? Feel free to leave us a recipe in the comment section.

3 comments:

Southern-fried Fiction said...

I love my Keurig. It's fast and easy and I can get a ton of coffees in different flavors. My favorite ones are coffee with chocolate, of course.

Robin Mason said...

draining the last of my morning cinnamon hazelnut as we speak. then moving on to my 24/7 unsweetened (how very UNsouthern of me) iced green tea

chappydebbie said...

I start my morning with Folgers coffee.....with French Vanilla creamer.
I sure learn a lot from your blog....some interesting and others quite surprising.

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates