Friday, February 10, 2012

The Dark Side of Writing

The 5 Cons of Being a Writer...


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny vlog :-) I think the biggest cons are the waiting and rejection. Those two pack enough punch to try even the most dedicated of writers. I daresay most people will give up on writing because they get tired of the waiting and rejection letters, but true writers will not be able to quit. Those voices and stories inside their heads will compel them to write anyway, even when faced with the possibility that their stories will never see the light of day. They just have to write.

Michelle Griep said...

I hear ya, Gwen. It's kind of like a sick addiction.

Kara said...

you're so creative, Michelle! love the comment about the royalty check being enough to take the kids to dinner at mcdonald's :)
thanks for adding humor even when giving not so great news/reality of being a writer, there is so much to learn with this craft.

i'm glad that writers like yourself are not in it for the money, you are using your talent to glorify God and being obedient to the calling He has given you :)

i enjoyed this vlog and i look forward to next week's vlog as well! thanks for sharing and God bless you :)

Michelle Griep said...

Thanks for stopping by Kara! Being called creative is oh-so-much better than what I'm usually called.

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates