You'll love Bath. And IF you get to York, it's my favorite city in England. In London, Hampton Court is my fave place. Yes, it's touristy, but there's no gift shoppe. And you can try the maze. I know the secret to it.
York is great, but even though I live here there's so many places and things I have not seen. That Magna Carta exhibition next year is something I want to see, and maybe Athelney, Tamworth, Edward's castles on the Welsh borders, Oxford.....etc, so so much. Just don't do what those American tourists did in documentary once and call Wales your 'favourite part of England'- at least not in front of a Welshman.
Chappy ~ You bet you'll see it. I'll post pictures daily.. Ane ~ Lemme guess...always turn to the right? MG ~ Yeah, last time I visited Wales I learned that little tip the hard way. Oops.
5 comments:
Wow! You are going to have so much fun! Can't wait to hear all about it! And see all about it in pictures and/or videos. :)
You'll love Bath. And IF you get to York, it's my favorite city in England. In London, Hampton Court is my fave place. Yes, it's touristy, but there's no gift shoppe. And you can try the maze. I know the secret to it.
York is great, but even though I live here there's so many places and things I have not seen. That Magna Carta exhibition next year is something I want to see, and maybe Athelney, Tamworth, Edward's castles on the Welsh borders, Oxford.....etc, so so much.
Just don't do what those American tourists did in documentary once and call Wales your 'favourite part of England'- at least not in front of a Welshman.
....oh and I forgot, William Marshal's tomb in Temple Church, London. It was closed last time I was there, Westminster Hall..I must stop.
Chappy ~ You bet you'll see it. I'll post pictures daily..
Ane ~ Lemme guess...always turn to the right?
MG ~ Yeah, last time I visited Wales I learned that little tip the hard way. Oops.
Thanks for all the ideas of where to visit, gang!
Post a Comment