Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Christmas in August

I've never been a fan of Christmas in July. Who even came up with that in the first place? It's just wrong on so many levels, but here are a few . . .

-  It's way too hot to think about roasting 
    chestnuts when my own chestnuts are sweaty.

-   I haven't lost the 12 pounds I gained from 
    last year's Christmas cookie extravaganza.
    shouldn't be played any month of the year.

So for all those reasons and a plethora of more, I vote there will be no Christmas in July. Ever. Period. And amen.

But I heartily lift a mug of eggnog in honor of Christmas in August, especially since I just signed a contract for the Once Upon a Dickens Christmas series! Yes indeedy, 3 brand spankin' new books coming at you in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Here's a blurb:

On a stormy night 2,000 years ago, a baby was born and a coin was forged—both the bearers of a second chance. The God-man returned to heaven, but the coin yet roams the earth, passing from hand to hand, hope to hope. THE ONCE UPON A DICKENS CHRISTMAS series follows the path of that coin as it touches three different lives in Victorian England.

Story 1: TWELVE DAYS AT BLEAKLY MANOR

Imprisoned unjustly, BENJAMIN LANE wants nothing more than freedom and a second chance to claim the woman he loves—but how can CLARA CHAPMAN possibly believe in the man who stole her family’s fortune and abandoned her at the altar?

Story 2: TEARDROPS FOR CHRISTMAS

Pleasure seeker WILLIAM BARLOW needs a wife immediately to gain his uncle’s inheritance, and MINA SCOTT is just the girl to make him look respectable—too bad she turns him down. Ought he give her a second chance?

Story 3: THE LITTLE MATCHMAKER GIRL

Recently widowed BELLA WHITE is finally freed from the domination of the overbearing men in her life, but when she enters into a business partnership with the handsome EDMUND ARCHER, she begins to wonder if marriage is worth a second chance.

Thankfully it's not July because I'll be yanking out my Christmas tree and tinsel, decking my halls, and blasting Jingle Bells for inspiration as I sit down to channel my inner Dickens. Stay tuned for updates as I have them.

9 comments:

Ande said...

Congratulations, Michelle! How exciting!

Gail Helgeson said...

Congratulations! Such great news! You are an awesome writer! This is soooo awesome. I am thrilled for you. So great, I'm waving a cookie right now in your honor and then I'm going to eat it!!! No, it's not a Christmas cookie, but who cares! It's sugar!!! (by the way, thanks for the book. My official thank you is in the mail---wink wink!!)

Beverly said...

Hooray! Hooray!!!!
I'm so excited about your 3 book contract. Each story sounds intriguing. I'm sold. Glad Barbour was too.
You are one of the most talented authors I've read. And not because I know you. I pity the stories I read right after reading one of yours. Most can't stand up to your writing.
Guess I'll start praying for protection of your writing time. Joy! Oh, joy!! More Michele Griep books!!!

chappydebbie said...

Yay! Congratulations! I cannot wait to read this series....but (and you always have...you know)I am willing to wait. If you need an early reader, you know I am willing!

twentz said...

Love them all. Sounds great! Put another yule log on the fire... looks like I'll be staying up reading!

Michelle Griep said...

You guys are awesome. With a side of awesome sauce. And don't forget some awesome sprinkles on top.

Heather Day Gilbert said...

Congrats, Michelle! What a unique series idea!

Rebecca Maney said...

With you all the way! Congratulations!

millersbran said...

Hooray for you! Good to hear...

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates