The Teaser Test of "7"s
1. Go to the 77th page of your book or current WIP.2. Count down 7 lines.
3. Copy the 7 sentences that follow and post them.
4. Tag 7 other authors.
In honor of the sweet sale going on over at Amazon, here are 7 sentences from page 77 of UNDERCURRENT (only $10 but not for long)...
"Torolf has cast the evil eye on me for speaking up in the assembly." Steinn's foot swung back and kicked a spray of gravel, then stilled. His eyes held challenge as he met Ragnar's gaze. "I fear for my life."
The veracity of his words raised bumps on Ragnar's flesh. "You? Fear? You are proven in battle time and again. I have yet to see you run from a fight."
Want to find out if Steinn runs or not? You can at Amazon. Okay, enough with my shameless self promotion. Let's see what 7 other authors have in their latest release and/or WIP. I'm tagging:
Yvonne Anderson
Lisa T. Bergren
MaryLu Tyndall
Elizabeth Ludwig
Ane Mulligan
Jill Williamson
Heather Day Gilbert
And while I'm at it, I haven't posted about my WIP in a long time. I kind of lost track of my writing days. Not lost as in they're laying in a gutter somewhere, but lost meaning I've still been writing but forgot to write down what day I'm on. Middle age is cruel. So...
WIP STATS for BRENTWOOD'S WARD ~ DAY ??? (probably lower 70's)
Word Count: 49,113
Sentence of the Day: Drip by drip, Nash's life wept onto the warehouse floor.
If you click on the title, the link will bring you to my WIP's Pinterest storyboard page.
.png)
6 comments:
What fun! I'll play...
This is from my upcoming release, NO SAFE HARBOR, which releases in October from Bethany House Publishers:
“Do you see those buildings?” He pointed at a row of brick and glass structures stretching taller than the rowan trees that grew back home in Ireland. “Those are some of the oldest houses in New York. And that way”—he pointed east, away from the harbor—“is Federal Hall, where this country’s first president, George Washington, was inaugurated. The actual building is long gone, of course, but the one that stands there now is similar.” His sigh created wispy clouds around his head. “Ach, but I would have loved to have been alive then, to see the birth of a free nation.”
Michelle, I promise I did NOT intentionally put in the mention of rowan trees for your benefit. LOLOL!!
Hah! JPP! (Just peed my pants)
And I can't WAIT to hold this one in my hot little hands. Thanks for playing!
Uh...actually you were required to swing a cat by its tail at midnight under a full moon. :-) Do so within twenty-four hours of posting this, or you'll wake up in an empty locked room with one copy of "The Deerslayer" and a marshmallow.
Ragnar. *Sigh* :-)
Wow...tough choice. I'm going to go with the cat option...."Here, kitty, kitty, kitty."
Gwendolyn, I echo your Ragnar sigh. But I'll let you in on a little secret. In the sequel to Undercurrent, my dear friend and critique partner, Michelle, kills off Ragnar!!! At least, she lets the reader think so. I'm not sure because, you see, Michelle never finished the sequel and thereby left poor Ragnar (and me) hanging!
(hint, hint, Michelle)
Yes, I suppose I really should get back to that one day, hmm?
Post a Comment