When I first started this blog, my intent was to log the ups and downs of writing a novel from start to finish. That got boring. So I rabbit-trailed into helpful writing tips and other bright, shiny topics to dazzle your attention. But for today, I'm back on track.
My novel baby was due (by my calculations) on August 1st. I approached this novel writing journey as a pregnancy. I figured God makes a complex human being in 9 months, so I ought to be able to write a manuscript in that amount of time.
Well...my baby is late.
Just like real life, this one is overdue. I've only got about 5k words left to pound out. Think I can finish that by the end of this week? Before you answer, take a look at the following pictures.
And that's just a small sampling of the disaster my house is currently in. In the midst of finishing my WIP, my hubby and I are preparing our house to go on the market. It's not a for sure thing yet, but we're moving in that direction.
So...still think I can pound out 5k words this week? Here's hoping!
Monday, August 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Haha! I love the belly pic.
I know, you're selling and moving out west so we can have writing dates. Then we're sure to get our word counts in. ;)
Yeah, the ranch just down the road from you was for sale. Howdy neighbor!
Your house reminds me of mine in that we still haven't completely finished the kitchen. The baseboards are missing and after trying one floor, we've decided to replace it.
Now, to your novel. If you don't finish it, I'm sending Kelly up there to beat it out of you! I need closure on that story, woman! So get to it!!!
What a busy lady you are. ANyway, God can do miracle and if there is will,there is a way. Good luck!
I so agree with the comparison, Michelle! For people that don't get why I spend my time writing, I tell them that it's just like having a baby. You conceive an idea and over weeks and months (sometimes longer- elephant pregnancy, lol!)you nurture that idea until it becomes full-fledged manuscript. And then, you send your baby out into the world, hoping that others will find it beautiful, too.
The house will come together soon. Best wishes!
Ya know, I think God just belly-laughs at all my plans. I had today all cleared to write. Then the dentist called and I had to bring my 17 year old in. So I thought I'd run away this afternoon to write at Starbucks. No go. My 25 year old surprised me by popping in and talking for 2 hours (and really, who could turn that down?). So, no worries. I'll just write tonight. Right. The real estate guy called and says he's got 3 lined up for us to look at.
Maybe I'll write tomorrow?!?!?!
Joy is right...God can do a miracle, and where there's a will, there's a way. Just not sure which way it is currently.
Ane, you can go ahead and send KK. I don't mind getting slapped upside the head and I want to know the end of the story as much as you do!
Thanks Brandi, for reminding me that it will eventually come together, and hopefully sooner rather than later!
Post a Comment