So honestly, how can one be thankful when one receives a crappy haircut? I said I wanted a new style, even showed the gal a picture, but whoa baby...this is NOTHING like the sassy, curly 'do on that glossy magazine cover. I'm finding it a bit hard to be grateful for my new butch look.
And how does one remain thankful when the manuscript you've poured your lifeblood into for over a year makes the rounds of all the usual big publishers and gets nothing but rejection? It's difficult to be appreciative when you're stuck in the ol' thanks-but-no-thanks spin cycle.
Or how can you sincerely be grateful when a buddy lands a whoppin' fat contract for beaucoup bucks and your last royalty check was for $45? Yeah, I know, better than nothing, but still...
Sometimes gratitude is hard. Sometimes it's impossible.
And that's the best news ever!
Hang with me here. It really is good when we finally admit that we can't generate a grateful heart. Think about this picture...when you throw your hands up in defeat, which direction are they pointed? Yep. Right up at heaven. Only God can change your heart. Only He can work in you an attitude of gratitude. All you have to do is ask Him to and be willing to let Him do His work.
When you surrender, God will answer. One thing I know for sure is that God is faithful.
And the other thing I know is that my hair grows fast...thank God!
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh you poor dear!
I know about the rest, too.
Hang tough and I'll lend you my cowboy hat if you like.
What color? I've got black cowboy boots.
Are you ready?
I have one brown women's Chaco equestrian hat, 2 olive cowboy hats and one pale straw cowboy hat.
The straw one cost 20$ US in Oklahoma and the 3 hand made, wool felt cowboy hats cost between 65 and 80, that's EIGHTY Bolivianos. Each. Yup, I'm flaunting the moolah that just drips from my hands.
Did I mention that 80 Bolivianos is about 11$ ?
I have black cowboy boots too. We can rock ACFW together next year.
Michelle, I have had my share of bad haircuts over the years, some by my own hands. Thank God hair does eventually grow back. As for the rejections, I can sympathize with you on that. I co-wrote a devotional with MaryLu Tyndall a while back and we keep getting rejection after rejection. Oh well, God's will be done....God bless.
Been there and I'm thankful hair grows. 'Nuff said. ;o)
P.S. I think you look kinda cute!
Oh Michelle,
I have had my share of bad haircuts in my day. One of them caused my then 3 year old daughter to call the clown in her picture book "Mommy". It did grow back.
and I don't think your 'do is too bad! Kind of perky.
Thank you for the reminders to cultivate a thankful heart. I am thankful for you, my friend.
Thanks, buddies, for the encouragement on my haircut!
Post a Comment