It's party time here at Writer Off The Leash. For the entire week, we're celebrating the second anniversary of this blog. Yep. For two entire years I've been blasting the cyberworld with my thoughts, kind of like a juicy sneeze gone bad. I'd say that's a landmark worth noticing. So, here are the Blogaversary Wingding rules...
Every day you can get your name entered to win simply by answering the daily Like/Don't Like question. It's that easy. No muss or fuss or dragging X amount of your friends over here by the collar to sign up as a member (but if you want to do that, hey, I'm game).
Today's Question:
What's 1 thing you like about reading blogs?
What's 1 thing you don't like about reading blogs?
If you go through the effort of actually thinking through those questions and leaving your pithy answer in the comment section, I will enter your name in a drawing. On Sunday, October 13th (the actually Blogaversary date), I'll pick 2 lucky duck winners. Those two winners will get to choose from the following list:
1. A signed copy of A HEART DECEIVED --or-- UNDERCURRENT --or-- GALLIMORE
2. A box of English Breakfast tea, a jar of orange marmalade, my personal favorite scone recipe (maple nut) handwritten on a cutesy recipe card (sure to be a collectors item someday) and 7 handcrafted book club invitation cards to host your own A Heart Deceived book club in your home
3. A critique by moi for the first 3 chapters of your WIP
4. An all-expense paid trip to Starbucks...as long as you don't spend over $5 because that's how much the gift card is for
5. I'll name a character after you in my next novel and/or you can choose a name and I'll use it
There you have it. You can enter every day if you like. It'll be great, clean fun, so spread the word! Anyone can play in this sandbox. Feel free to steal the meme at the top of the page and post it on Facebook or wherever, or if you're a twit, here's a tweet:
Win prizes galore at the Writer Off the Leash BLOGAVERSARY WINGDING! http://writerofftheleash.blogspot.com/ #giveaway
Monday, October 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

29 comments:
Happy blogiversary, Genghis!!!! (no you don't need to enter me, I just wanted to stop by and say hey!) ;o)
Awww....thanks buddy!
Happy Blogaversary! Thanks for taking time to share your knowledge these past two years. I know how time consuming that can be. My answers:
1 I love that people take the time to share their knowledge. I know how time consuming that can be (oh wow, deja vu!)
2 I have the attention span of a gnat, so I dislike long posts. Mind you, I don't mind writing long posts, but I don't read them. What you did above? Perfect!
I also don't like that Blogger refuses to play nice with Firefox. Now I have to copy my answer and open this page in IE :(
Best wishes for your special day! May you have many more.
Woo-hoo! You are the first official entrant into the Blogaversary Wingding! I think I'll enter your name twice just because!
I find lot of new authors and hear about what type books they write along with some personal stuff on blogs, so like new ones and sometimes win a book to read which is always helpful...
Paula O(kyflo130@yahoo.com)
Congrats on the blogaversary, Michelle!
I like to read a blog where the author shares 'behind-the-scenes' about the writing of a particular book, or about her writing process, or her decision to be indie or go with a traditional publisher.
I don't like to read particularly long posts that are random ramblings going nowhere.
And I don't like blogger blogs who won't let me post comments just because I don't have a blogger blog, but you got that fixed, yay!
I enjoy blogs because I learn about authors' newest books and I like reading the interviews some bloggers do. I love learning more about authors, why they write, how the books have changed and progressed from the first draft, what they enjoy doing in their spare time, etc. :)
I don't really like the blogs that are super long and take forever to get to a point that really doesn't have anything to do with what they've been talking about, or the ones that are just there so people can complain about something they thought was terrible. I understand they have an opinion they want to share, but please, 5 paragraphs of complaints is way too many!
Hi, Michelle,
Here are my answers:
1) I like getting to know virtual friends & acquaintances a bit better;
2) Content is often not particularly useful/applicable in a real way.
Do I get extra entries for being your extra special BFF? Ha!
I enjoy reading blogs when they share personal things about their writing process & tell about who they are. I also enjoy hearing about their characters and descriptions of the books.
What I don't enjoy about blogs is when they use those annoying bot-preventers that are so difficult to read--does it really take difficult to read ones? UGH!
Vicki
Who, me? Thank you!
Hmmm..What do I like about reading blogs? I never know what the author of the blog is going to say, especially you! Makes for some interesting reading sometimes. :-)
What do I not like about reading blogs? The annoying 'prove your are not a robot' texts. Half of the time, I am a robot!
Congratulations on your Blogaversary! I have truly enjoyed every time that I've come over here...you are a breath of fresh air in a world of pretenders. Hugs! (now to go prove that I am not a robot)
Hmm...so far the most common don't likes are long blog posts (which annoy me as well so I try to keep mine short). And the Robot Preventer reading thingees. Does anyone know if there's a way to prevent spam without using that gadgetry? I'll have to check into this. Wait a minute...I'll have to have my husband check into that. Might be a little to techie for me!
The Robot Preventer thingees are tolerable with blogs I truly enjoy visiting on a regular basis....so no worries, Michelle, I will gladly prove I am not a robot for you. :)
I love reading blogs! Especially author and book review blogs. What don't I like about reading blogs... there are too many good ones to keep up with!
Congrats on two years!
pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com
Thanks Patty! Stop back tomorrow for another chance to win!
Happy Blogaversary, Michelle! Ooh, great prizes. :-) Okay, what I like about reading blogs: short and sweet, but packing a punch with originality and inspiration (which I always find at your blog. ;-) What I don't like: long posts that take a lot of time to read, but don't really offer anything useful to take away.
And you practice what you preach, because your blog is super-de-dooper! Thanks for stopping by, Gwen.
Thing I like: it makes you realize everyone else is "normal" like you. You learn that authors and others get sick, spill their coffee, have brain farts just like you. It is fun to have a little laugh with others. :)
What I don't like are longer blogs (yes, like everyone else here) because yes, I don't really have that much time to read long ones. I like little snippets of your life or plain old "I spilled my coffee today" or happy celebration posts. I know, we are all so hard to please!
OH and happy blogaversary!!! WOOT!
Thanks for partying with me, girlie!
Hello! I'm just now visiting your blog, which leads me to your first question: What I like -- finding new authors, new books, chances at winning things, and even forming relationships. I typically don't enjoy blogs that are either too big (thousands of entries, blogger never responds), are not personal, blogger gives negative book reviews, OR are cluttered with too much on the main page. Happy Anniversary!
Well hey, Christina, thanks for joining the party! Glad to have you roam the neighborhood here at Writer Off the Leash.
Wow Michelle, congrats on two years running and still going strong!! How great is that!! I like reading blogs for a chance to get to know the person/writer, learning about new books being promoted, and seeing reviews of books I have enjoyed. I don't like blogs that criticize authors in their review or other negative ranting, blogs should be expressive but not for venting. Shared this wonderful posting on facebook, such generous prizes! Happy Blogoversary, Michelle, and thanks for always being so refreshingly unique :D
Thanks Kara! Time sure has flown.
Your blog is the first I've ever followed so I don't have much to compare it to.. I just like reading about your activities and especially your Friday blogs with the video. How else will I know what's going on in your life.. Congratulations by the way the last two years have been great and you've done a great job entertaining me..
Thanks RD! I'm honored to have you as a follower.
I love reading blogs - they give the opportunity to learn more about my favorite authors, their books, & their writing; also love the giveaway opportunities, & reading other people's thoughts/comments. Not much I dislike about blogs, except find that some of the rafflecopter giveaways are lengthy, & depend too much on twitter, & pinterest, participation - neither of which I follow.
Thanks for the giveaway opportunities, Michelle!
bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com
Well no Rafflecopter here. I do it the old fashioned way by printing out everyone's name and tossing them in a jar. Then I'll draw 2 out and voila!
Post a Comment